A fleet policy can be an excellent way to consolidate all your vehicles under the one policy and provides a flexible alternative to the individual private motor and commercial vehicle insurance option.
Tailored fleet packages can include the following cover:
- Open Drive for anyone who is driving with the insured’s consent (age limits may apply)
- Annual Declaration of vehicles option
- ‘Comprehensive’, ‘Third Party Fire & Theft’ or ‘Third Party Only’ cover options
- Breakdown cover
- Option to include directors vehicles
- Full open drive on special types vehicles
- Windscreen cover
A fleet policy can often be the best option for a business with in excess of 4 vehicles.
Some of the main benefits of a fleet policy are as follows:
- ‘Annual Declaration’ basis of cover can allow a business the flexibility to change vehicles on a temporary or permanent basis without having to inform the insurer until renewal or a set date
- Open Driving
- Ability to name young drivers and/or provisional licence holders
- All your vehicles insured under one policy – less confusion regarding cover which applies to each vehicle
- Ability to include non-standard vehicles such as cranes, teleporters, Busses etc.
- Better rates than stand-alone policies